More Than Mindfulness Program
This term St. Philip Neri School successfully completed their first
phase of the More Than Mindfulness Program. Staff, teachers, parents and
students participated in this program. Phase 2 will commence in Term 3.
The program helps students reflect on their values and intentions and the benefits of being grateful.
The program teaches in an experiential way the following methods:
• Mindfulness using breath, body scan and loving kindness practices
• Guided meditation
• Concentrative mediation
• 10 easy 1 minute mindfulness practices
• Being Grounded and present with kindness and curiosity
• Listening and assertiveness communication skills (When, I feel, because)
• Clearing a space
• The CAN do Practice
• Getting bigger than what is bothering you
• Focusing (including with a partner)
This allows students to become more aware of themselves and others. This
means they can pause and respond rather than react. They are also able
to settle themselves more effectively. All these methods increase
As Viktor Frankl said: “Between stimulus and response there is a space.
In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies
our growth and our freedom